WTF??? I mean, seriously. If you hate your family couldn't you just, oh...avoid them?
Now I realize that this guy obviously has a serious mental illness. But I find it hard to muster compassion for him, although I live with a major mental illness myself (bipolar disorder.) Of course this story needs to be reported, but the other thing that tends to happen when stories like this hit the news is that all people who live with mental illness tend to suffer because the general public tends to see us all as having this seething inner violence and being ready to blow like a volcano at any time. The truth is that most mentally ill individuals are not violent and that if they are going to "blow" they tend to turn it on themselves. A mentally ill individual is far more likely to commit suicide than to kill another person.
That being said, I am having trouble mustering compassion for this guy. I am against the death penalty, but he is making me question my belief right about now. Hells bells...these poor people. I feel so bad for them. Nobody can ever truly recover from such a terrible loss.

0 comments:
Post a Comment