BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mean Prank



On the Jimmy Kimmel show parents were encouraged to tell their kids that they were getting a "special gift" and then gave them something awful like a spoiled banana or half eaten sandwich and recorded the kids' reactions. 

My family was very poor when I was young. We lived in a house where big cockroaches got in and one time a cab driver was shot in front of our house by a pair of drug dealers. I appreciated every gift I got for the holidays and still do. But even at that I would have cried and wondered why my parents hated me so much if they gave me a spoiled banana for a "special gift." I would rather have gotten no presents at all (and once again, even having been raised to be grateful, I would have been sad about this) than to have gotten something nasty like that.

I really don't think that this prank was very funny.


0 comments: