BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Borderline Idealization and Devaluation in Relationships

Watch the video here.

I decided long ago that due to my condition attempting to have a romantic relationship was detrimental, and I have been better without one. What is discouraging is seeing the trouble in platonic relationships. I have a very hard time getting close to people.
 
For those who don't know me, please don't tell me how "sad" it is that I have "given up" on romance. I have been a lot less "sad" since having done so. And don't tell me how "unhealthy" it is to live without sex. I don't care about sex, and again, I have been a lot happier without it. These types of relationships have never been anything but negative and destructive for me. It does, however, bother me that I can't seem to have platonic friendships without some of the same troubles creeping in. Borderline personality disorder is very destructive to intimacy of any kind.

2 comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

I hate what mental illness does to your relationships with others. I to have been much happier since I gave up on trying to be a lover. I guess it was just never meat to be.

Nessa said...

Relationships are hard. I have only a few because I can't deal with most people and really don't want to. I am happiest by my self.