This was a response to a letter that a photographer friend of mine, Walt Cessna, received. You can also discover more about Walt on his blog.
It's a wonderful photo, and I was struck by the words in the letter too. People probably find it hard to believe, but I used to model for art schools, and no, I was never hot or sexy. I had a kangaroo pouch belly with stretch marks, my butt and thighs are large, and my boobs are average sized and never enhanced. I have never done erotic modeling--who the hell would want to see a 45 year old fat woman with gray hair doing anything erotic--but I honestly have no problems with the idea of nude modeling. We are born naked, ain't we?
I wish that people would have a more natural attitude about our bodies. Fat or thin, old or young, we all have a certain beauty.
I think that's what I really like about your work. It's natural, never forced. Kudos!

0 comments:
Post a Comment